Looking for Something? Search Here!

Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Battle


As much as I'd like to say that I always have a constant prayer routine and pray everyday.. I can't. There have been days that I have dropped the ball and haven't made time for it. I'm convicted of it and constantly ask the Lord to help me to be in prayer everyday.
 Recently though, there have been several situations that need a lot of prayer, driving me to pray everyday. I also have been searching scripture for verses about prayer. Ephesians 6:12 has always served as a reminder to me, to remember who the real enemy is and who I'm fighting against. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." However, this week I started getting discouraged as I read that verse. Even though I know that God is more powerful than any principality or power, I wasn't seeing any change in what I was praying for and I felt defeated.
Until God caused me to run across this verse in Colossians. Colossians 2:15 says "Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it." It so encouraged me to read, and realize that the principalities and powers we wrestle against are already defeated! The Lord reminded me of what I already knew, but He reinforced it in my mind. Don't forget that the battle we are in is very real and the struggle is constant, but also don't forget that battle is already won by Jesus, and we serve a Victorious King!

1 comment:

Hi! I'm so glad you chose to visit Waiting on the Lord! I love receiving comments, so don't hesitate to leave one!
All comments are moderated, so if I think your comment is inappropriate it will not be posted. However, if you have a question, be sure to stop back by in a few hours and I should have answered it. Have a wonderful day!